Sunday, November 21, 2010

Life Today




Only Otis will allow me to photograph him with my new camera. Eddie shakes horribly (the Canon makes a beeping sound that I'm pretty sure he thinks is the electrical fence collar) and refuses to let me take pictures. So I got this shot of Micah and Otis up at the trails behind the State Hospital Grounds. Reminds me how much I love the guys in my life. As tough as they look, their not :). 

It's been a productive and relaxing weekend. I was able to make and can 10 quarts of chunky cinnamon applesauce, while Micah and our brother in law Jared went hunting. No luck this weekend but Micah did get a buck earlier in the week, a 5 pointer. He was hoping for his "trophy deer" this weekend, but at least we'll have meat for the next several months!


Micah's projects are always more impressive than mine, therefore I will not post pictures of my applesauce :). It's not quite as pretty as this deer.  

I started working on some new projects (christmas/birthday/baby gifts) for the many celebrations coming up in the next several months. It turns out I know 9 people having babies between now and August, so I need to get moving! While I"m thinking of it, I need to apologize for my latest venting session. In the midst of me expressing how I felt, I didn't think of how others may feel. I had a friend come up to me and apologize, right before she told me she was pregnant. I don't want people to feel bad for telling me such exciting news. I truly am happy for my friends that are entering a new chapter of their life, and I'm excited to be part of it. So to those of you that are pregnant, or may become pregnant, please don't feel bad telling me. The truth is, I was having a pitty party, and I'm over it now. God has plans for me, and no matter what they are, I'm choosing to have joy in Gods plans, not my own.


"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lords purpose that prevails"
- Proverbs 19:21







1 comment:

  1. Nice work dude! And I am looking forward to trying some of that applesauce Authumn!

    ReplyDelete