Wednesday, August 11, 2010

If you are thinking this blog is going to be sad or depressing because of the title, think again. It's just a play on words. Awhile back Micah and I joked about opening up a business someday, and were thinking of names. I thought "The Crumby Bakery" was a good one. Obviously we are not opening a business, so I thought I'd use it for our blog.

Creating this was my idea. It's not as personal as a letter in the mail, or even a phone call (all who know me, know I don't like phones if I don't have to use them), but at least it's one way to be able to share with friends what is going on in our lives. For awhile I enjoyed using facebook. It was nice, simple, quick, and convenient. Today however, I realize that when I sit down to post something online, I have to question myself on if I want it to come up in topic of conversation. 

Micah and I plan on sharing this blog..although I can almost guarantee you will hear more from me than him :). He's a man of few written words.I however, love to talk, well...at least write. I used to write all the time, then a full time job happened, getting into grad school happened. Creativity had felt lost. But I'm trying to dig back into what I've always enjoyed. Since summer break, I've picked up a camera, am reading more, and am working on knitting skills. Micah put together another beautiful 50 x 50 garden full of tomatoes, onions, carrots, broccoli, peas, green beans, squash, and zucchini. Another way for me to learn to be creative: in the kitchen...

Our life is by no means Crumby. It's not perfect. It's not full of money or full or material things. But our life is one filled with laughter, with animals, and with the knowledge that God is good, all the time. I truly am grateful for where I am at in the here and now, and couldn't be more happy with who I get to spend it with.

Have a joyous day,
Aud


2 comments:

  1. Hi guys. I'm really excited to follow your blog and can't wait to see you. Angie and I are looking forward to our next "adventure" with the Crumbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great idea. Can't wait to see you guys again and maybe next time overnight kayak adventure...lol or maybe not yet. We will see :-)

    ReplyDelete