Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Goodbye Summer....Hello Autumn....(HA, thats me)!

A week from today I go back to work. My students wont be back until September 7th, but it'll be time for me to start prepping materials and my room for the new school year. I'm excited to be gaining a new student, and for a new year. The past year kicked my butt on more levels than I would have imagined. I didn't think at I would have already had a student pass away, but in May, my favorite one did. He was a good guy, referred to me as "Tum" because he couldn't say my full name. Oh did I love him ( I love them all). But with an ending comes new beginnings, and I've got another young lady coming in with a tenacious spirit and bundle of energy! I'm ready for the challenge...I think....

I'd like to say how excited I am for the school year, and while I am looking forward to changes, I do regret how quickly this summer passed. I ended up working 2 jobs, and up until last week, was working 45-50 hrs a week. The past two weeks have been great! Sleeping in (as much as one can with 3 dogs and a psychotic cat running around the house at 6:15 am) and staying in p.j's until 10am (ok, maybe even 12pm...) has been a simple joy that I don't want to give up just yet!

Not to mention, Micah will be finishing up his second to last set of classes and clinicals the same week I start back to work. This has kind of been our story for the past year and a half, playing hit and miss with breaks and schedules. We're both excited for December when he'll be done with school, into a full time job, and back into a routine in which we spend more than a few hours at a time together.

When we do get time, we try to spend it with our four legged crazies....


Eddie, our oldest pup who refuses to look at the camera...

And introducing our newest member:



Vixie, our unexpected edition but a fun one!

Otis and Milo wouldn't sit still for the camera, so that's all I've got for family photos for the summer. Sad, I know. BUT, Summer isn't over yet...so who knows what adventures may fall between now and then!



No comments:

Post a Comment