Saturday, June 2, 2012

The next chapter

Sometimes, well, very often, life does not go as planned. I'm finding this out more and more the older I get (at the ripe old age of 28). I've been in a place of shock, frustration, joy, and peace, all at the same time, all for very different reasons. 


Last I wrote, things were finally starting to settle in. Micah and I felt like we could finally be in a routine. Then (if I could insert the cartoon with the overhead cloud that says, "KAPOW!!!, BAM, SMACK") life throws new curve balls. Life is always in transition, we've just begun a new stage. Which is OK. :)


Most on my mind as of late is my Dad. We have found out in recent weeks what was originally told was an infection, is in fact throat cancer. Thankfully, the doctors discovered it early (stages 1-2, out of a possible 5).He will have to go through 4-6 weeks of chemo/radiation, not to mention he has to kick his 40 year old habit of smoking and chewing. Needless to say, he's in a constant state of either frustration, pain, or sickness. And chemo hasn't even begun. It's times like this when I'm grateful to live close, so that I can help. The problem is that my dad is a very proud, stubborn man, that seems to see help as sympathy and pity. Prayers or good thoughts sent my dads way would be appreciated, he's got a very long uphill battle to fight, not just with the cancer, but getting the nicotine out of his body (this man has regularly smoked 2 packs of cigarettes daily, and when not smoking, would chew tobacco) that he's had since a teenager in his system. Please pray for him to have patience and not anger, joy, and not frustration so that he can once and for all kick his horrible habits, and be healthy physically and mentally. 


Micah's parents are also going through rough times with attempting to move while dealing with a harassing home buyer (that bought their current house and is trying to kick them out sooner than should be) and Micah's dad recovering from a knee replacement. 


Micah and I are still wading through the "child bearing" issues that we have as well. I went and finally figured out next steps, now it's just a matter of deciding what route we want to take. We are getting to the point where I can have an outpatient procedure done as a last attempt to help, and after that, it becomes a diagnosis of unexplained infertility (even though I have Endometriosis, and it can be relatively common for women to be infertile with this diagnosis)...after which we start looking at fertility/hormone treatments. I told myself if we got to this point that I would say we're done, and now we look at adoption. I'm still trying to hold out hope that we have a chance of our own, as we hear stories ALL the time of people that tried for 6-10 years before finally having their own....but I just don't know anymore.  I found and was given some quotes however that helped me start to reel in on the reality of our situation, 


"We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us" - Joseph Campbell


"'Sometimes our lives look different than what we thought they'd be and we rob ourselves 

of contentment thinking that the way we wanted it is/was better than the way God has 

planned."- Anonymous



I'm grateful to say that June is here, which means my work schedule will go from 5 days a week to 3 in a few short weeks, that we will have an abundant variety of vege's and goodies to can and freeze, and many kayaking trips will be in our future.  Despite the above events, I feel very fortunate to have what I do with my family, best friend and our furry family of four legged crazies. I have a great job, a life filled with amazing people, and a bottle of wine by my side :) Happy Weekend fellow bloggers.










No comments:

Post a Comment